What can we do to ensure best price for scrap car?Irrespective of fluctuations and downturn in scrap metal market, the scrap yards make sure to provide best possible price to their customers. Auto-recyclers, will pay you more money for every unwanted vehicle. The payment shall be based on “Grade 1”. Metals falling under this head are not at all associated with alloys. And they should have no signs of corrosion and must be of minimize diameter and size to be accepted. While “Grade 2” scrap metals are made with alloys. These materials must be clear from contamination to get the price you are searching for.
Also Read: Get big bucks after selling your car?
How will auto-yards measure the value of your car?Prices paid to vehicles owner are as per ton. They pay on the current value, so don’t be amazed if they offer you high price a week earlier and less price today. The price of metal fluctuates every day. So, what you can do is keep an eye on the trends, so when you see the right time, you can go a cash in the unwanted auto. Fees paid for the scrap are either paid in cash or cheque. High amount of payment seeks for bank transactions, so if the amount is bulky go through banking channel while smaller version can be taken in cash.
Benefits of recycling scrap metalVehicle scrapping is an environmentally friendly concept. It’s a process where the automobile parts are totally removed from the shell, tested and cleaned. As a part of dismantling process, all the toxicants fuels, brake fluids are removed and then parts which are usable in nature are kept for re-sale purpose. Also Read: Factors determining the value offered by every scrap yard
Things to do before scrapping it
- Remove your personal belongings: People usually undertake this task for last minute. Which make them forget several important things inside their vehicle. Don’t be that last-minute intruder, do a thorough search and make sure everything you want is taken out from it before disposing it to scrap vendors.
- Use up all the fuel: This thought only triggers a day ahead, when you are taking your vehicle to auto-wreckers. So, use up all the petrol before stashing it. Also make sure to remove license plate. As there are chances of misusing license plate in notorious act. It does make sense right!
- Find out the valuable parts: Before hurriedly dashing to smash your car, figure out the important components. Conduct a brief research on your vehicle model type, and search for parts which attracts maximum value. This is a no hurt situation, for it can make you a pro while dealing with the dealers.
- Safely store the title: While selling the vehicle to scrap, they ask for legal possession. Make sure every legal document is there with you beforehand. This prevents you from making back & forth when making final sale.
- Scrapping the entire car: A difficult task. When you are in a perfect mood to make a few bucks by scrapping the rotten car, laying in your backyard, individual attack is impossible. You need to align with local scrap yard to entirely recycle it.
- Distinguish the car & catalytic converter: Catalytic converters are valuable parts of a motor vehicle. You can make a good chunk by selling it separately. If you are planning to sell the entire car, just detach the catalytic converter and sell it individually. A profit-making agreement for you.
- Classify the metal parts and classes: Separate the metals and scrap the remaining one. This may take time, but its worth it. Self-recycling solution will make you understand the appearance of every built material before landing in scrap.
- Separate steel and parts: Several salvage yards are looking out for extra steels and parts. If you can successfully preserve the additional portion like engines, side mirrors, doors, headlights, block and other parts, you can make additional dollars out of it. This can be only done if you are familiar in making and breaking of auto-parts. Individual selling requires lots of patience, but if you sell in local auto yards you can make cash instantly.